My goal on this blog is to only pass along deals and information that are completely legit - no grey area and no hint of fraud. If there is ever a deal posted that you question, please don't hesitate to contact me so I can investigate further!
Basic Coupon Rules:
- One manufacturer coupon per item (unless otherwise stated on coupon).
- Internet coupons may NOT be photocopied.
- For coupon printing sites, you may use your back button to print usually 2 copies per computer. Manufacturers have built in a print limit for each computer and a maximum amount of prints per campaign. IP's have unique codes to prevent fraud.
- Coupons are to be used on items written on coupon. There are some programs out there that explain in detail how some companies have less-specific coupons where a coupon intended for a specific item can be used on a list of items due to how the coupon is coded. Using coupons this way is fraud. The manufacturer has clearly stated what item the coupon is intended for and the coupon should not be used on anything else.
Common Confusions by Stores: (don't let these deter you - get help from customer service or a manager either while checking out or after - if they can't/won't help, contact the corporate office via phone or email - stores want to keep customers and keep them happy)
- You are saving too much. I can't let you get these items so cheaply.
- You can only use one coupon in this order. (some stores limit how many "like" coupons they will accept - my Kroger only takes 3 "like" coupons in an order - most of the time, the checker is confused between purchase and transaction)
- You didn't purchase the item in the picture. (sometimes the coupon won't scan right - it happens. If you have purchased the item that is WRITTEN on the coupon, you may use that coupon - it does not NEED to match the picture since often coupons can be for multiple items and only one picture is used)
As I get more information from the various ecoupon sites, I will pass it along to you. I would love to see a simple change in coding on ecoupons to enforce any policies to help us stay on the up-and-up.