Monday, November 2, 2009

A Confession Plus Freebies: Coffee, John Piper Audiobook, and more


I confess.  I have been struggling with a loss of excitement over couponing.  Don't get me wrong, I love me a good deal.  I just really haven't cared to pour over coupons and matchups lately.  I noticed this problem about a week ago and have been trying to figure out why I've been in bargain burn-out. 
  • Our budget has been VERY tight and I haven't had the wiggle room to stock up on good deals - we've mainly been living out of our pantry and buying just the necessities. 
  • We've been quite busy - Hubby has had a crazy work schedule lately with many late nights.
  • I have been working a little bit - helping with childcare for our church's Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University plus I actually took out my French horn and helped fill out the section in the Wind Ensemble for the University where Hubby teaches.
  • I'm exhausted - I'm 9 weeks pregnant with a toddler who just learned how to run.  Enough said.
  • We're in the middle of refinancing our home.  In addition to the stress of finances in general and the stress of preparing for a refi (especially cleaning and decluttering for an appraisal - we had ours today!), we've discovered some property tax issues that were masked a bit when our mortgage company went bankrupt and sold our loan and created an absolute mess with the book keeping.  
I know I need to get back on the horse.  Our pantry is growing thin.  I am so thankful that we have had such a stockpile.  I am thankful for the gifts of meat that my mom randomly brings after she hits a fantastic sale.

With all that said, I want to share some deals and freebies!  Happy bargain hunting!

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.
Related Posts with Thumbnails