Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Works for Me Wednesday - For the LOVE of Shoe Racks


Have you ever gotten excited by going to an office supply store? I don't mean just happy to go and get what you need. I mean EXCITED. Jumping-up-and-down, pouring-over-the-catalog-three-days-in-advance kind of excited? I have. Regularly. That same excitement hit at the start of each school year back when I was teaching. I'd have CATALOGS just devoted to classroom organization. All those glorious cubbies lined up nice and neat! As Grandma always said, "A place for everything, and everything in its place!"

Well, I love baskets. I wrote a whole post about them just a minute ago, but realized there is an organizational tool that I love even more - the shoe bag! No, I don't keep shoes in my hanging storage bag. I keep extra office supplies. Our home has one small closet on the first floor. One lonely closet.

(our lonely closet)

My home office space is on the first floor - the command center. No storage. This storage tip (not my own unique idea by a long shot) has more than quadrupled our storage space! I love the clear pouches. All my items from bargain shopping trips can be kept "like with like" and can be kept from touching each other while being completely visible.

(our lonely closet all decked out)

Hanging shoe bags work for me! I am currently looking for a more fashionable one to hang from the wall beside my desk - just a few pouches. Maybe a corkboard or whiteboard above it.....

3 comments:

Moore Minutes said...

Actually I have never heard of this, but I love this idea! Thank you for sharing. I too, get excited over things like this, lol. :)

Stephanie said...

That is a great idea and the possibilities are endless. Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl Pitt said...

That looks like such a versatile product!

http://crispy-not-crunchy.blogspot.com/2009/09/works-for-me-wednesday-one-long-shelf.html

Post a Comment

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.
Related Posts with Thumbnails