Friday, July 17, 2009

CVS Shopping Basics Part 2


Just a few items that I wanted to expand on with CVS shopping. If you have no clue what I am talking about, check out the original post here.
  1. ECB's are tied to your card. You cannot use a friend's ECB's with your card.
  2. Terms and conditions state one card per household. Some people use a work address to get around this, however, being the rule-follower that I am, I don't feel this is ethical (plus I would be so confused trying to keep ECB's for each card straight).
  3. CVS Pharmacy takes all competitor pharmacy coupons. I transferred a prescription and used a Rite Aid transfer coupon and got a $25 gift card to CVS. I have not been pleased with the cost of prescriptions at CVS though. They do not have a $4 generic program. My medicine normally would cost just $4 at Kroger but costs $10 at CVS.
  4. There is a great little magazine offered at CVS called Reinventing Beauty. It costs just $.99 and is filled with around $25 worth of CVS coupons (which can be paired with manufacturer coupons and ECB deals for great savings).
  5. A great way to take advantage of special deals despite items being out of stock is through rainchecks. Simply take the circular to the checkout and ask for a raincheck on the items that are out of stock. Make sure any ECB's are noted so you can get those printed when you purchase at a later date. Some items cannot have rainchecks and those are noted in the circular. I did overhear a manager at one CVS tell a customer that rainchecks cannot be written for special 3 day sale items, however, my local CVS has no problem doing this.

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.
Related Posts with Thumbnails