Sunday, July 25, 2010

Money Minute - Make Clothes Look New Longer (Laundry)

As I was doing the wash today, I noticed some clothes were starting to "pill" when still quite new.  We don't have the extra money to keep replacing clothes, so I try to keep them looking as new as I can for as long as I can.   Seeing those "pills" made me remember a tip I read long ago.

To keep clothes looking new longer, simply turn garments inside out before washing.  That way, the fabric that is seen when worn isn't the fabric taking the brunt of the agitating and therefore it stays nice.  Also, be mindful of the weights of fabrics and of any decorations that may snag other garments.  I try to wash all denim together rather than with other garments.

What works for you?

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.
Related Posts with Thumbnails