Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Money Minute - Savings Challenge

I know you've heard the saying, "A penny saved is a penny earned."  What about the saying, "Spending money on a sale is still spending money, not saving it!"

That second saying is a tough lesson I had to learn!  Yes, I may get an item at a great price, but if I hadn't planned for that purchase in my budget, it's spending money unwisely.

Here's my challenge to you.  For the rest of this week, see how much money you can set aside.  My goal is $20.  Not huge.  What can you cut out for a few days?  Starbucks?  Lunch out?  Can you use a few more coupons?  Dig through the sofa seats?  Sell something?

Do whatever (legally) you can do to reach your goal.  At the end of the week, add that amount to your savings account.  Will it make a huge impact?  No, not now.  But as Dave Ramsey said, "Whenever I read that book, the tortoise always wins."  Small challenges like this over time can make a big impact on your finances!

Ready, Set, GO!

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.
Related Posts with Thumbnails