Thursday, September 3, 2009

Labor


I saw this post on Rocks in My Dryer and thought it looked like fun! Join in if you'd like! Copy and paste and either leave as a comment or post on your blog. Leave a comment so I can read your post!

How long were your labors?

Just one so far - 13 hours

How did you know you were in labor?

Water broke just hours after clearing our weekend plans so we could have one last sleep-fest before Baby arrived. He was 4 weeks early. We haven't slept since.

Where did you deliver?

In the hospital. I had initially wanted a birthing center but was quite thankful for the hospital after some complications.

Drugs?

Became ok with an epidural by 6 months when I was tired of constant back spasms that kept getting worse. Waited to get epidural - couldn't wait very long after pitocin kicked in.

C-section?

No, although we came close. Baby's heart rate kept plummeting into the 60's. Turns out Baby's hand was up by his ear like he was on the telephone and I just couldn't push him out. Thank God for those nifty vacuums!

Who delivered?

My doc. She's great. I thought, however, that my mom would push her aside and take over! I am considering a different doctor and hospital for the next one though mainly because of hospital policies. I want to be able to walk around during labor, not be confined to the bed. I want the option of my baby rooming in with me. I will say that this was the best place for me to deliver this time since I was so freaked out with the early birth!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Cute picture! Thanks for sharing your story.

Jennifer said...

I'm with you about the awful pitocin!!! Good luck with the next one being all natural.

Post a Comment

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.
Related Posts with Thumbnails