Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lesson Learned


I had vast plans for a few deep, thought-provoking posts today. Those didn't happen! A mobile and teething baby kept me too busy. Here it is, 11:01pm and Baby is FINALLY asleep. Let's rewind to the lesson I learned this evening.

Baby is teething. Two bottom teeth are in and the two top teeth are just about through. Poor little guy is miserable. He struggled to fall asleep at his normal bedtime around 7:30pm. I figured I'd pull out the Hylands Teething Tablets. In the past they really helped his pain and usually put him to sleep right away. Perfect! Or so I thought.

Flashback to the mid-1980's when my parents gave my younger brother, then about 5, some Benadryl for a cold and to help him sleep. For hours, he was like a crazy ball, bouncing from wall to wall with a crazed look in his eye.

Fast forward to today. Baby reacted to the teething tablets just like my brother reacted to the Benadryl. It is now 11:05. I am wiped out. Hubby is wiped out. Baby is sleeping. Finally. We should be too.

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.
Related Posts with Thumbnails