Saturday, June 13, 2009

General Shopping Tips


I am currently enjoying a weekend with family celebrating my Aunt's birthday. Two of my cousins are in town to meet Baby for the first time. Both are completely petrified of babies. It was a hilarious meeting!

Anyway, I wanted to post some basic general shopping tips to help get you going on your way to savings. Remember, as you know better, you do better. Every little bit counts. At first I got quite discouraged because I wasn't seeing the savings that I thought I should. Now I realize that bargain hunting is hard work. It takes time and energy and LOTS of careful planning to get the best deals. I don't always have that time or energy. Sometimes, my time is worth more than the savings I would see. Here are some ways to save without going crazy.

  • Keep any coupons where you will remember to take and use them.
  • Don't be afraid to buy the store brand if it is cheapest - most of the time the quality is great).
  • Don't grocery shop on an empty stomach.
  • Bigger isn't always better. For example, the largest pack of diaper may have the lowest cost per diaper before coupons, but often the smaller packs end up having a lower cost per diaper after coupons.
  • Track your spending - give yourself a budget.
  • Remember, if it isn't free and you won't use it, you don't need to buy it.
  • Remember, deals will always come back around in some form or another. If you miss one big sale, don't worry - there will be another one.
  • Get the Sunday newspaper for coupons and clip the ones you will use (or file in your own system)
  • Print out the coupons you will use. Try coupons.com, smartsource.com, redplum.com, and couponbug.com.
  • Take a break from deal hunting every now and again for your own sanity!
Happy bargain hunting!

1 comment:

Shopping Tips said...

Haha. I always forget to eat before I do my groceries, that is why I end up buying unheathy stuff out of my budget. Thanks for the tips. I also collect coupons, as much as possible.

Post a Comment

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.
Related Posts with Thumbnails