Sunday, May 31, 2009

Being Intentional


I was just reading another blog that I enjoy and my mind was brought out of the deal seeking clouds and back to reality. The blog was about being intentional in our blogging. I need to keep reminding myself that this blog is not just a deal hunter's blog, but a blog to preach to myself the things I need to hear over and over again. If someone else benefits from it, fantastic. If not, I am a better wife, mother, daughter, and friend for having blogged.

I am thinking ahead to this upcoming week. I have laid out a goal for myself in my spending for groceries that frightens me a little. $200 for all groceries for this month. I have already spent $25 (we ran out of dog food - our pooch has a sensitive tummy and needs the expensive stuff - I DID have a coupon though!) and wonder if I can reach my goal. I need to be intentional.

I need to be intentional in how I plan. Intentional with the menu. Intentional with meal prep. I can't get lazy night after night and opt for a quick and easy meal - I need to spend a few extra minutes here and there making some things like bread, pizza dough, and cookies from scratch.

I invite you to join me on this adventure of cutting way back in grocery spending. Coupon like you never have before. Plan menus and meal prep like crazy! Save as much money as you can. Summer is here and we can all use a little extra cash for vacations and recreation activites!

I am up much later than normal enjoying the quiet of the house. We went to the Saturday night service at church so we get to sleep in as long as our dear son lets us. Tomorrow I will get some yeast and some extra flour. I will try my first loaf of 5 minute artisan bread. I was intentional in not purchasing a loaf of bread when I was out tonight to force my lazy butt to make my own bread.

Time for bed. Time for visions of Little House on the Prairie to dance in my head.

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.
Related Posts with Thumbnails