Thursday, September 17, 2009

Favorite Season

Deals will come a little later today - there should be some good ones!  I just wanted to revel in the beauty of my favorite season - Autumn.  Granted, as a new season approaches, I feel like THAT season is my favorite, but there is just something about fall.

Baby and I went on a "nature walk" yesterday.  We walked up and down our hill.  I got to take pictures of beautiful things.  He got to scratch tree trunks (I had him in my special backpack carrier).  It was so refreshing to be out with leaves starting their change even if it was 80 degrees.  Oh, the anticipation of hay rides and campfires.  Of wearing sweaters and drinking hot cocoa!

Here is the view from my front porch looking down our hill. We are only about 1/3 of the way up the hill.  My Nebraska friends, you would probably call this a mountain!
Here is the view from the house looking UP the hill.  The picture only shows half of the trek to the top.  This is the hill that caused my 29 weeks pregnant belly flop on concrete.  If you can see the telephone pole - that's where the tumble began!


Here's the view DOWN from halfway up.


Here's the view down from ALMOST the top.


And finally, the glorious summit!

 
  
And lastly, the pop of color that is emerging.  I am really looking forward to the full blaze of color of a West Virginia fall!

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.
Related Posts with Thumbnails