Monday, August 17, 2009

Menu Planning Monday


This week, I plan to limit the use of my oven as it is to be in the 90's and humid most of the week. Hubby will miss many meals as band camp starts today. The band director's wife is being induced TONIGHT! Many of the professors are stepping up to help.

Sleep is still a major issue in our house. Baby had one of his to teeth pop through a couple days ago. Three more teeth working their way through. He wakes up writhing in pain when his ibuprofen wears off. Poor little guy! I'm looking forward to sleeping the night in my own bed - even if I still need to wake for night feedings. The bed is soooo much better than the recliner!

Hubby just called to tell me he heard on the radio that our water will be turned off from 9am - 5pm tonight! This is the first we have heard. Thanks water department! 15 minutes to shower and store up jugs of water for the day - we have 3 dogs here at the moment. I am thankful I stocked the pantry with several gallons of water earlier this summer.

Here's the plan!

Monday - BBQ Chicken Quesadillas - use recipe from here and alter by directions below
Tuesday - Burgers on the grill
Wednesday - coolest day of the week! Bubble Pizza Casserole - recipe here
Thursday - Cereal for dinner
Friday - Hamburger Helper taco/rice
Saturday - Chicken Pockets - see recipe below
Sunday - Mac n cheese with hot dogs

BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
I made these after seeing several recipes suggesting something similar. I found that boiling rather than grilling the chicken works well and allows me to use chicken that is not fully thawed.

Prepare chicken and tortillas as before. I pulled the chicken and added in a few tablespoons of BBQ sauce for flavor. Add in some bacon bits (I like the real bits rather than the crunchy Bacos). Serve with BBQ dipping sauce.

Chicken Pockets
This is so stinking easy! Thaw chicken breasts. Preheat oven to 350. Create squares of aluminum foil large enough to pull around one breast of chicken to make a packet. Place one chicken breast on one foil square. Pour 2-3 Tablespoons of your favorite salad dressing on top. Create pouch by pulling foil around chicken and rolling. It should not be snug. Bake for 30 minutes. To serve, top with a tablespoon of fresh dressing.

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.
Related Posts with Thumbnails