Monday, August 10, 2009

Gratituesday: Too Much Grace - I am Overwhelmed


Gratituesday is by far the most difficult post to write each week. I am certainly not lacking in blessings. The problem is having too many to choose from. Today will be a hodge podge of thanksgiving.

I am grateful that I don't get what I deserve. I am a sinner. I deserve Hell. Jesus took my sins and took my place. I deserve Hell but receive blessings instead. Astounding. I can't even begin to wrap my brain around those truths.

I am grateful for the beauty that surrounds me. I catch myself staring at my surroundings. A lot. I grew up near here - the upper Ohio Valley. I moved away to Knoxville, TN and Lincoln, NE and was able to move back. After living on the prairie, I am just astounded at the beauty of the mountains. I took this beauty for granted for 21 years of my life. I vow to never take it for granted again.

Lastly, for today, I am thankful for a blast-from-the-past song. While doing my bargain hunting, I was undone by an old favorite song, "Dandelions" by Five Iron Frenzy. Having a little boy gave this song new meaning. I hope you enjoy it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stopping by through the Gratituesday link list! What a wonderful post. I too am thankful that I don't get what I deserve and that I have an ever so loving and forgiving God!

Your surroundings part was a wonderful read to me because I too have started to realize how beautiful my surroundings are and that God is the one that created them.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful Gratituesday with us

Jessie Geroux said...

wow did your gratitude for not getting what yoy deserve really hit me like a load of bricks AMEN sister AMEN

Post a Comment

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.
Related Posts with Thumbnails