Monday, August 3, 2009

Gratituesday: The Pull of the New School Year


I know - this is a strange post coming from me. I have no children in school. I am not teaching. I'm a stay at home mommy. There is just SOMETHING about the start of school that gets me all amped up. Maybe it is from teaching for so long. Maybe I am just strange. Something about the FRESH START. The blank grade book and lesson plan book. The adventure awaiting. The endless possibilities.

This is start of my second year without school of some sort in 27 years! I feel a little lost without preparing a classroom or preparing for taking classes. I am thankful Hubby is a professor so I can help HIM prepare for classes!

I need to remember that I am still a teacher. Every day, my little man is learning amazing things. What will I teach him? Will learning happen accidentally? Of course! Should that be the only way? Of course not.

I am thankful that the start of the school year is spurring me back to being intentional. I am raising a child. I want my child to know Jesus. I want him to hold our family values. I want to be the best mom I can be.

I may just go out and buy myself a lesson plan book. Can't hurt to be organized! I want to be intentional in this most important job!

3 comments:

LaVonne said...

Such a cute little boy. I stay at home with my Princess. I am realizing that I can't wait until I can officially have pre-school with her. It will be fun. :)

Amy Lynne said...

What a great word- intentional! Thanks for the post!

SnoWhite said...

Awesome post!

Post a Comment

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.
Related Posts with Thumbnails