Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Stand


Hubby and I have been re-watching Stephen King's miniseries "The Stand." It is quite an interesting movie. It definitely isn't a cinematic masterpiece. It is not a work of theological excellence. It does, however, make me think. One scene in particular sticks out in my mind.

The character, Nadine Cross, has made her pact with the Satan-figure, Randall Flagg. He has sent her on missions before taking her as his bride. After completing her mission, she is walking through the desert and hears him call to her. "Come here, Nadine." "Right over here." She follows the voice for quite awhile and finds Flagg after dark.



Why does this scene stand out in my head? I was struck with how clearly Nadine hears Flagg's voice. I want to hear God's voice like that. I was struck by how quickly she obeyed. I want to be as quick to obey God's will. I am sad to say I drag my feet too often. I close my ears to His soft, still voice.

God, open my ears to your Word. Incline my heart to Your will.

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.
Related Posts with Thumbnails