Monday, June 8, 2009

Shopping Spree - the Good and the Bad

So, I did my first KMart Super Double run yesterday. I had some great successes and some flops. Hey, I'm still just learning! I will give a quick recap now and more later on. I am about to go out for run number 2 in just a few minutes.



I did 2 transactions. I had a $5 off $50 purchase coupon that I didn't want to mess up. For the first transaction, I got:
  • 2 packs Huggies Overnights diapers @ $9.99 each
  • 1 pack Huggies Snug & Dry diapers @ $9.99
  • 1 pack Huggies Little Movers diapers @ $9.99
  • 1 pack Huggies Little Swimmers diapers @ $7.99
  • 1 box Huggies wipes @ $2.99
  • 1 Glade fragrance collection small soy candle @ $5.99
I used:
  • 1 Q for $5 off $50 purchase (always give these first so coupons don't lower the total under the limit)
  • 2 Q's for $2 off Overnights doubled for $8 savings
  • 2 Q's for $2 off any Huggies diaper product doubled for $8 savings
  • 1 Q for $1.50 off Little Swimmers doubled for $3 savings
  • 1 Q for $1 off Huggies wipes purchase doubled for $2 savings
  • 1 gift card for Glade for $5 (not doubled)
I paid :
  • Total rang up at $66.xx after tax and such
  • I paid $ 28.84
  • I got $14 back to use in my next transaction! (from an in-store promotion for purchasing a certain amount of certain items)
  • That's like paying $14.xx on all those diapers!
My second transaction wasn't quite as good so I'm not posting those details at this time. I got $69 worth of stuff for $31. I bargain blocked myself a few times here.

My mistakes:

Live and learn! I made a few mistakes that cost me some money. Hopefully you can learn from my mistakes! First of all, the biggest one was not sticking to my list. I saw some things that were nearly free after coupons and kept picking them up. This wouldn't have been a problem if I had kept track of what was in my cart. A smaller problem that resulted from this big mistake was that I forgot to pull out a $2 coupon so it cost me $4 in savings. It was for an item I probably wouldn't have gotten if I had to pay full price. My other BIG mistake was at the register. I got so excited to see that my total was above $50 again that I hurried and handed over another $5 off $50 coupon. I had forgotten that this coupon couldn't be used with the $14's I had gotten before. Oh well! I'll use that $14 today!

Now, another exciting thing is that I can submit receipts for some of the Huggies diapers to Caregivers Marketplace for a $.75 rebate per pack (not Overnights or Swimmers). I also found a rebate for a shampoo I bought to get the full amount back after the rebate.

Get your coupons organized and get out to KMart!

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.
Related Posts with Thumbnails